Responsible adult
Myron got an appointment to have his wisdom teeth out (a precursor to the jaw breaking) on April 19 and the paper from the dentist said a 'responsible adult' had to bring him. Hmm. I don't know any of those. Not sure what to do!
I got a letter in the mail from my friend Clara and she wondered if he was getting his jaw broken in Scarborough because of it's violent reputation.
Yesterday, the good Friar Tuck wrote a neat post about team building
As I was reading it, I so could see our 'team' Rustle.
About a year ago Al started the team forming to plant Rustle in an underpriveledged neighbourhood. 'following poverty wherever it goes' he said.
And it certainly did not take long to reach the storming stage, where we had some big issues to deal with and some big disagreements and we lost some people from the team. But in the process we learned a lot about each other and ourselves.
And now I think we're norming!
So it was really cool to read this post and instead of looking back and saying -why did we have to go through that?- understand that it's all part of the process. If it wasn't one storm it would have been another. I like process.
Last night, I did a rough draft of our taxes and for once I don't have to pay the piper. As I work so many jobs for different companies (I had 3 T4s) noramlly they don't take off enough tax, which is just fine with me. But I must have moved up a bracket at Queen's because they took off a lot more tax this year. Myron doesn't get back as much this year because he earned about $7000 more in this past year. Doesn't give much incentive to earn more if they take more!
But doesn't it make me sound like a responsible adult for doing taxes? And there was a new $250 federal credit just for working this year.
Now off to attempt to be responsible year again and put in a proposal for an equipment fund. Fun!
I got a letter in the mail from my friend Clara and she wondered if he was getting his jaw broken in Scarborough because of it's violent reputation.
Yesterday, the good Friar Tuck wrote a neat post about team building
As I was reading it, I so could see our 'team' Rustle.
About a year ago Al started the team forming to plant Rustle in an underpriveledged neighbourhood. 'following poverty wherever it goes' he said.
And it certainly did not take long to reach the storming stage, where we had some big issues to deal with and some big disagreements and we lost some people from the team. But in the process we learned a lot about each other and ourselves.
And now I think we're norming!
So it was really cool to read this post and instead of looking back and saying -why did we have to go through that?- understand that it's all part of the process. If it wasn't one storm it would have been another. I like process.
Last night, I did a rough draft of our taxes and for once I don't have to pay the piper. As I work so many jobs for different companies (I had 3 T4s) noramlly they don't take off enough tax, which is just fine with me. But I must have moved up a bracket at Queen's because they took off a lot more tax this year. Myron doesn't get back as much this year because he earned about $7000 more in this past year. Doesn't give much incentive to earn more if they take more!
But doesn't it make me sound like a responsible adult for doing taxes? And there was a new $250 federal credit just for working this year.
Now off to attempt to be responsible year again and put in a proposal for an equipment fund. Fun!

5 Comments:
responsible adult ... for wisdom teeth - I just came home on the public bus when I had mine removed.
liked what you wrote about process -me? I like progress which isn't the same. And as for storms - as you know it's been very stormy here - at times it's calm again - but it's only because the storm is rising again - I think it's because unlike you at next - we don't actually talk it through - even if it is really hard - we sweep it under the carpet - where like mould it festers and multiplies.
I hate that
I HATE getting money back at income tax time. It is an indication that the tax boys have been picking my pockets for more than they deserve all year long. Whenever I have a refund, I try to decrease my deductions in the upcoming year in order to avoid getting a refund the next year.
Whenever I hear someone who is excited to get an income tax refund, I offer to take their money all year long and give it back to them next April. Interested? :>
I think of process as a way to progress.
And rab, I would much rather pay no income tax during the year, but if they are going to take it, I'm glad I get it back!
Taxes... yuck!
And thanks for the e-mail - sorry for mixing things up :D
wow...for a church? I am impressed!
Post a Comment
<< Home