Thursday, March 22, 2007

Congratulations Bheki!

I was going to post about this on April 7, but I'm going to be away that day, so I'll post it early. In early Feb. Laura wrote about her friend Bheki and it really touched my heart. The man seems so wonderful and is trying hard to follow God and change people's lives in Africa. He wanted to get married, but couldn't because he didn't have the funds to buy the cows needed for the labola (dowry). We take things so for granted here in terms of all the material things we have. And I don't think we for the most part get the secrifice that love is. I think Bheki gets it. And he got the money for the cows and is getting married April 7. I'm generally not too keen on weddings but this is one that I certainly will be celebrating!

2 Comments:

Blogger seethroughfaith said...

wonderful.

praying that the kindergarten trip is a success - fun even! James is getting ready for school - wow =)

oh and I left a response to your traumatic comment (grin)

have a great weekend Aphra

away on April 7th???? - hope it's a HOLIDAY

March 23, 2007 at 2:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Laura Pope said...

Thank you so much for your support to Bheki! There is definitely something special about him and this wedding.

March 23, 2007 at 3:21:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home