week 1 done
Well, that was the most difficult week of the year done. Yesterday was a very long day at work. Thinking of Jordin and her family during the day as well.
Today was a lot better - I left early-ish- 3pm (early for week 1- I had worked a full day, so it wasn't really early) and mowed the lawn- it was getting a bit shaggy and did some work around the house.
I wondered why there were NO mayoral election signs in Kingston when my parents spoke of the Burch signs in their neighbourhood in their city. I thought to myself that it was that Kingston was much more environmentally conscious but apparently the news indicated that they couldn't put up signs before today. This mayoral race is very easy for me as I know I am voting for Bryan Paterson. I think the biggest competition is Rick Downes. But there are 6 contenders so we'll see how that plays out.
It is supposed to be rainy tomorrow so James' soccer tryouts are cancelled. You'd think it would be better to see how they work in a challenging situation!
I have first aid training tomorrow (not for me)
Conversing with an (almost) teenager- As I looked through James' backpack that he brought home from school:
Me: Where are your gym clothes?
J: Dunno
Me: (not finding them) Are they in your locker at school?
J: (not looking at me) No
Me: Look at me. Are they in your locker at school?
J: (not looking at me) No
Repeat 10x
Finally: Me: Look at me. Look at me. Are they in your locker at school?
J: (looking at me and giggling) Yes.
Today was a lot better - I left early-ish- 3pm (early for week 1- I had worked a full day, so it wasn't really early) and mowed the lawn- it was getting a bit shaggy and did some work around the house.
I wondered why there were NO mayoral election signs in Kingston when my parents spoke of the Burch signs in their neighbourhood in their city. I thought to myself that it was that Kingston was much more environmentally conscious but apparently the news indicated that they couldn't put up signs before today. This mayoral race is very easy for me as I know I am voting for Bryan Paterson. I think the biggest competition is Rick Downes. But there are 6 contenders so we'll see how that plays out.
It is supposed to be rainy tomorrow so James' soccer tryouts are cancelled. You'd think it would be better to see how they work in a challenging situation!
I have first aid training tomorrow (not for me)
Conversing with an (almost) teenager- As I looked through James' backpack that he brought home from school:
Me: Where are your gym clothes?
J: Dunno
Me: (not finding them) Are they in your locker at school?
J: (not looking at me) No
Me: Look at me. Are they in your locker at school?
J: (not looking at me) No
Repeat 10x
Finally: Me: Look at me. Look at me. Are they in your locker at school?
J: (looking at me and giggling) Yes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home