Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Grade 5


First day of Grade 5. He woke up with a panic attack. When that was over he happily watched his tv show and got ready. He was a bit anxious on the way to school but when he saw his friends he seemed to be doing well. I thought with the panic attack out of the way things would be ok. They found out about their class. James was in the class with almost all his friends. One of the group was in a different class and he broke down in tears but James was doing well from that respect. But when the class mobilized to go up to their classroom the next panic attack mobilized. I asked him if he wanted me to tell the teacher. He said yes, so I took him over to her and explained what was going on. She was cool about it and told him to take the time he needed. But he didn't really want to be left behind so he moved with his class. I told him to put his head down on his desk and wait until it passed. He seemed to like that as it was something he could "do". But as for how long it took for him to be ok, I don't know. The rest of the day went ok after he got over that first hump.

Tomorrow he has a dentist appointment so now he is worried about that!

He has been running a "Big Brother" game for his cats. They have been doing challenges all night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home