Sunday, August 26, 2012

knocking

Yesterday I biked to the Kingstcourt library to pick up a book on parenting anxious children. While I was there I looked at their DVDs. I really didn't see anything I was interested in and was just going to check out my book when
Don't come knocking caught my eye and I took it home. I watched it while I ironed- it was so good. It was rated 'R' but I think the library version was a cut version as it didn't have some of the scenes they had in the trailers. I didn't find it an 'R' movie at all. I thought it was a movie about redemption and forgiveness.

James' soccer team won the silver medal at the Ottawa tournament this weekend. He had a good time playing with his friends. He really liked the pool.

He is pretty anxious about the hockey camp this week as he hasn't got any friends who are going to it and it's his first time at this one. Unfortunately, he was signed up for it before the anxiety became a big issue. He should be ok once he gets skating though.

I read this this week and liked it:
Shauna Niequist wrote in Bittersweet,

“I hate to think about the fact that the people who love me show me grace for all my faults. I prefer to believe instead that the math works: that there are good things about me and hard things about me, but that they’ve checked the math and because I’m funny enough, they can let go of how terrible I look most days, or that if I’m interesting enough, the fact that my house is dirty isn’t such a big deal. But that kind of math is specifically anti-grace. Grace isn’t about netting out on the right side of things.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home