Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shin-dig

I have been taking better care of my shin and so it is feeling much better. The doctor didn't call after the x-ray and so I guess it is healing fine.

James was in the middle of playing a Star Wars game and he said "I thought the rain coming in the house was funny". This was completely out of context, but apparently it was the best part of Al's sermon to James. James really likes Al's stories.

After dinner I went to the evening service at Calvary Bible Church. I enjoyed the teaching by pastor Dave - though he said that his time there was 'short' so I'm not sure if he is the pastor or the interim pastor. Anyway, he's a good teacher and he certainly challenges the congregation.
Next Sunday they are having "100%" Sunday and they are inviting the neighbourhood to come and they are going to have a BBQ after. (Sounds Rustle-ish?)
Anyway after the evening service on of the elderly gentlemen asked me if I was planning on coming to the 100% Sunday. And this guy who was always so prim and proper before punctuated the question (before I could answer) with "you better". And I laughed and said - did you just say "you better"? And he said "I meant, we would really be happy if you came." I thought he was a riot, but maybe you had to be there.

I read this story about a guy who killed his wife and 4 others allegedly because his breakfast eggs were cold. I guess a bad breakfast can throw off your day. The story had a few red flags in it for me.
1. The community is used to gunshots - it wasn't uncommon for the neighbours to let a few rounds loose for stress relief or target practice. Were they living on a target range? In which case this sort of incident is not that surprising.
2. The sheriff had known Neace for years and said he was not violent. The sheriff was incorrect.
3. He was being evicted from the trailer park because he had become more hostile toward neighbours in recent months. and his neighbour said
Collins said Neace was a good neighbour over the past few years, but he had suspected for a while that something had gone wrong in Neace's life.
"I thought maybe Stanley would have killed himself, maybe his wife," Collins said.

And this man was allowed to possess firearms? And noone intervened to help this family???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home