Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A-OK

James got the teacher he hoped for and the class looks good for him. He's happy and saying that it will be a good year!

The way home was a bit of a disaster- they had changed the bus route and not bothered to tell us so they wouldn't let James take the bus home. So they started calling all of the phone numbers they had relating to James and noone answered the phone. Myron was at the bus stop waiting for the non-existant bus so he couldn't answer the phone. I was at Walter Light Hall doing the set-up for tomorrows exams. They called and got message machines at the Butlers, Norths and Dosegers.
James was totally cool with it all figuring someone would pick him up eventually. Luckily, THAT is not the sort of thing that worries him.
I hope that this was a lesson to them to let parents know BEFORE they change the bus route.

Poor Nat and his ribbing about his 6 hour power failure. James is cool to receive any phone calls at 3am but the thing it- he sleeps through the phone, but I do not!
And my dear friend Amrita lives in India and has power failures all the time for seemingly no reason- I think the power grid is just a lot more unstable there? Wishing you power today Amrita!

I am enjoying listening to Sanctus Real "Whatever you're doing"

I baked chocolate chip muffins today!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amrita said...

Hi Aphra, Power failures are a way of life here- just weak infrastructure, over population, booming crowded cities, altho we have no lack of technology or expertise. Its poor management and corupption we are reeling under. On Monday we had a 11 hr cut, but today it wa s only 5 hours. Daily we have a routine 3 hr rostering.

People who lived during the WWs will understand this.LOL

Jame is a super boy.

If possible can you post his photo.

September 8, 2010 at 11:39:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Amrita said...

BTW I listene d to the music, its very good, and the chocolate chip muffins sound divine.

September 8, 2010 at 11:40:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous stf said...

good for the teacher he wanted
boo hiss for bus routes!

is it too far for him to walk/cycle (or isn't that done over there?)

September 9, 2010 at 3:14:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home