Card

At the end of the service Sam had us all hand around cards so we could write something (hopefully nice!) about other people. I think we had a lot more people than he expected for the exercise and so it got a little confusing, but we all ended up with a card with some words about ourselves at the end. My favorite one was someone wrote on my card:
makes ordinary life interesting (blog!)
That made me smile.
I was very glad to see new John at Church again. (will have to find some other way to distinguish him from John H. if he keeps coming!) I feeling toward him is that of a mama bird whose baby came back to the nest. I feel like he is one of my spiritual babies and it does my heart good to have him back in the nest. But it was really hard on me when he left the nest the last time.
John's favorite line from his card was "unknown to me". Which we agreed, the person was just being honest. Another he got was "rock star", which we agreed- this person had mixed him up with Tim, whom he was sitting beside.
Bob, did you participate? It was good to see Allison too- she is looking incredibly mobile for what she went through. She's one tough cookie!
Tomorrow I'm taking James to gym camp in the morning (and wearing warm clothes because I FROZE last week) and then heading out in the township to finalize all the insurance dealings with the broker.
One funny conversation that happened with the broker is that she asked if I wanted coverage in case I was in an at-fault accident that my premium wouldn't be penalized. She didn't explain it as well as that, she just asked me if I was in an at-fault accident, did I want to be protected from penalties?
And I, thinking she meant criminal penalties, said "If I was in an at-fault accident SHOULDN'T I be penalized?"
There was a looong pause.
Then she said "yes, I guess so".
It was pretty funny really.

4 Comments:
Haha - I would've liked to see the broker's face :D
The card was right. You do make ordinary life interesting - by the way you relate to normal, matter of course issues *grin*
I dont think most people want to take responsibility when they do something wrong. But on the otherhand, that is why we have insurance, to take care of us incase of an accident!
This charge to avoid being penalized is laughable to me. Whoever thought it up was a marketing genius. I mean, think about it: you are paying the insurance company an extra amount each month so that they won't raise the premiums sky-high when the event happens that you are getting insurance for! We pay them to insure us and then when we get what we pay for, they increase our premiums unless we have paid them the Protection-From-Increased-Premiums insurance. You gotta love it. I'm in the wrong business.
makes ordinary life interesting
yep. I'd say that too :) but then I'd add
smiles, makes great food (especially muffins) and a whole lot of other things -all positive of course.
I'm glad to have you as a friend - even if you live too far away
Post a Comment
<< Home