Sunday, August 17, 2008

2 weeks

There are only 2 weeks of the (alleged) summer left. The goals that I have for these next 2 weeks (on top of my regular work) with their anticipated probability of completion:

*plan TA workshop for Wed. after labour day (will send emails tomorrow, hopefully get it planned out)
*complete TA manual (will have to get done though I have no scheduled time to do this)
*finish filling out the charitable status form for Rustle (as much as I can do!) (scheduled time of completion- tomorrow morning as I watch James' gym class)
*finish cleaning up the back yard after the garage explosion (I have only a small pile left under the tarp. I can do this)
*buy a car (ha ha. will require some effort but can be done)
*paint kitchen (rolling on floor laughing- yes, this was my original goal for the summer, but I still have furniture in the kitchen from all the painting I did in the bedroom. I do not have a lot of faith for the completion of this now!)

So, tomorrow I hike James to the gym in the morning. Hopefully, he will let me do some work on the workshop and manual in the afternoon, but we'll see.
On Tuesday, I'm supposed to be at RMC, but the daycare didn't have a slot open, so he's on the waiting list (he may or may not be able to go to daycare that day). Myron has a doctors' appt. that morning so he can't take care of him for some time in the morning, so I'm trying to sort out how to arrange my day around this as there is a big variable in the daycare!

Today James and I had a good day. We went to Church. He didn't go out with the kids, but stayed in the service. Normally when he does this, I only hear about 1/2 the service as he can be distracting, but today he was exceptionally good. I think he was listening hard to Sam as well. I think James really likes Sam. He really wants to go out with the kids if Sam is doing the kids and really listens when he does the service. I am glad they connect like that.
After the service was done, James really wanted to go and play outside. (which is what the kids had been doing) I was talking to an old friend who had showed up, so Karen being very generous took him out. James really loves Karen too. James and I shared a hamburger. And the only reason he ate the hamburger is because he wanted some of the Lovegroves cake! (it was super- and I'm not normally a cake person) James wanted to stay and help with the dishes because Karen was doing the dishes. But I don't think he really helped, he just ran around in circles. I am glad, at least that he wasn't pulling on me, wanting to go home and so I got to talk to people. I liked very much how it went.
When we got home, James wanted to do the bus game again (he's very obsessive about it!) but he let me work in the backyard for a bit and do some laundry.
I made sausages and mashed potatoes while Myron cut James' hair.
Kim called about something and I made her come over for supper (otherwise she probably wouldn't have eaten anything)
Then I cut Myron's hair (bald) and cleaned up the dinner.
I watched some of big brother but missed the best part - the food competition cause I was on the phone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck - you are such a busy bee -it's pretty tiring to read your blog!

btw you could NOT buy a car --- you seem to do very well without one :) and then that would be crossed off your list easily :)

August 18, 2008 at 3:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Always at the end of the summer...PANIC...what else do I need to do before it starts getting cold outside and before the whole schedule thing picks up again!

August 20, 2008 at 11:51:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home