Friday, April 04, 2008

Jump rope

James' school is participating in the Jump rope for heart. (I think it is a fundraiser for the heart and stroke foundation, but also seems to be interested in teaching kids how important it is to be active)
I think that's great and all, but James is not coordinated enough yet to jump rope! I wonder if they have different activities for the little kids. Anyway, I'll support the little mite in whatever it is that he actually does!
There's supposed to be an online site that I can sign him up on to accept online donations and they send you a tax receipt. I'll have to look into that.
Tonight I'm supposed to be going with Kim to the World Impact Tour at the new downtown arena. She's going to call and say how last night went, and how we can find each other in the big arena! James and Myron went there for the Globetrotters and seemed to have a good time. (Though Myron said that there was a speaker partially blocking his vision- I thought this new arena was supposed to have good sight lines for everyone!) The came back with a Globetrotters basketball. The boy is racking up the basketballs! And his basketball lessons start again tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aphra,

Jump Rope for Heart is a lot of fun! Our school participates in it every year. As kids get older, they sometimes do Hoops for Heart. Music is played and the kids do their best. I think he'll like it! Based on my experience, the kids really enjoy it and the Heart and Stroke Foundation sends out CD's for the teachers to play so the kids can listen to music while they jump.

April 4, 2008 at 8:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger swilek said...

I'm glad my latest post made you laugh!! I REALLY wanted that shirt for free!!:)

yes, we do Jump Rope at my school...the kids LOVE it and it is not too strenuous....we have kids that maybe jump a couple of times and that is it...we have lots of kids who are uncoordinated and that is okay...it's more for the experience together as a school!!:) Hopefully James will enjoy it...lots of great prizes too! Hey I just remembered..My dad has this video you and your boys may love about the Maple Leafs...maybe you have seen it..it has a baby laughing at the thought of the Leaf's winning the Stanley cup!!! I should forward it to you if you haven't seen it!

April 4, 2008 at 10:17:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home