The week
The week started off with snow.

On Tuesday the ice had started to break up on the lake

By Friday almost all the ice was gone. It's still supposed to be chilly this weekend but I am hopeful that March will go out like a lamb and I will be able to hang laundry out soon! Last year, I was hanging laundry out in March. If global warming is occuring, shouldn't I be getting some benefits? Like it being WARMER?
My work at Queen's is pretty much down to sorting out marks, which would be ok but one of the TAs never replies to my emails.
On Tuesday, I found out that my status at RMC was in question. My contract is with Queen's but I work at RMC. At first RMC security said that was fine as long as I had an email from my dept. head at Queen's. I got that last week. On Tues. the dept. head called my boss up and said that it was not ok. That I needed a contract at RMC to stay at RMC. My boss couldn't help me as he didn't have an open account at RMC as his funds were coming through Queen's, but my old boss had some money left over and saved my status. But it was a crazy week dealing with it all!
Especially on top of what the week regulary brought- writing my copycheck report and other craziness.
Today I am looking forward to seeing Shari's art show in the afternoon.
I am trying to catch up on laundry and dishes this morning.

On Tuesday the ice had started to break up on the lake

By Friday almost all the ice was gone. It's still supposed to be chilly this weekend but I am hopeful that March will go out like a lamb and I will be able to hang laundry out soon! Last year, I was hanging laundry out in March. If global warming is occuring, shouldn't I be getting some benefits? Like it being WARMER?
My work at Queen's is pretty much down to sorting out marks, which would be ok but one of the TAs never replies to my emails.
On Tuesday, I found out that my status at RMC was in question. My contract is with Queen's but I work at RMC. At first RMC security said that was fine as long as I had an email from my dept. head at Queen's. I got that last week. On Tues. the dept. head called my boss up and said that it was not ok. That I needed a contract at RMC to stay at RMC. My boss couldn't help me as he didn't have an open account at RMC as his funds were coming through Queen's, but my old boss had some money left over and saved my status. But it was a crazy week dealing with it all!
Especially on top of what the week regulary brought- writing my copycheck report and other craziness.
Today I am looking forward to seeing Shari's art show in the afternoon.
I am trying to catch up on laundry and dishes this morning.

1 Comments:
If it is of any encouragement, I have my laundry on the line today. Some of it has frozen (esp. the parts that aren't in the sunlight) but most of it is drying - even if a bit slowly. On the other hand, I only dry the big stuff (sheets, etc.) on the line and still use the dryer for everything else. Might see you this afternoon at the Shari exhibit.
Post a Comment
<< Home