Monday, May 28, 2007

Inconvenience

Yesterday, after bringing the dinner home, I told James and Myron what I had seen on the way home. This morning, I woke to the radio expaining what I had seen. (it didn't make much sense last night)
I biked to HLC down Victoria and turned on N. Bartlett street to cut across to MacDonnell. On N. Bart there was a moving van on the side of the road and a police car. The policeman was out of his car talking to the van people. I continued on to MacD and pulled over to park my bike. I heard a siren and looked to see a black SUV with lights heading up Princess. He was having trouble getting through traffic. A police car came flying down MacD, no lights or siren and pulled round onto Princess. He was ahead of the black SUV. The black SUV finally makes it past and the police car that I had passed on N. Bart comes flying down MacD, lights and siren on and heads in a different direction than the other 2 police vehicles I had just seen. He's going south down MacD.
When I got into HLC yet another police car passed us. Apparently what had happened was that a guy strung out on drugs had robbed the truck and some other vehicles and headed down MacD. An on duty officer spotted him on MacD and chased him and an off duty helped take him down, so they probably had it under control by the time the 4 vehicles got there (though the first 2 were heading in the wrong direction, so maybe what was coming through on their radio was unclear)

I'm heading to a meeting with the dean who I've had problems with and the rest of the team. Should be another interesting one with no agenda to follow. We'll see where it goes.

I spent the morning emailing people to be the chairs for the conference. (not the kind you sit on)

On the weekend, I sent out the electronic version of the prayer letter for Rustle (the paper version get in the mail in the next day or so). It feels as though Rustle is at a new level of visibility in the neighbourhood, with the art show and the general store, etc. and thus with an increased need for prayer. (You can do more than pray, after you have prayed, but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed A.J. Gordon) Interestingly, the response to this one has been different than the rest. I don't really expect a response, I just expect people to read the letter and pray. But this time, I got a very encouraging email from Vincent and a very difficult email from someone else. That Vinc is a guy with wisdom beyond his years, or behind his ears, as the case may be. I am still working on a loving response to the difficult one :)

Lorna wrote that my last post sounded like I am controlling of what Myron eats and maybe I need to let go. Maybe. I am controlling of what he (and James) eat at home in that I buy all the food and do all the food prep. I even make Myron's lunches. And Myron does appreciate it, most of the time. But I suppose by doing this, I am limiting him because when he does leave my 'control' maybe he has problems making good choices because he never has choices to make (not that I don't ask him what he wants to eat, because I do ask A LOT, it's just normally he doesn't care) and his mother doesn't seem too into planning meals so he gets not much help in that area. So in a way it's good. I certainly don't expect to have any control of what he does while he's gone! Just the last time James and Myron got back from out east their stomaches were bothering them from all the food they had eaten while they were gone.

James was not himself yesterday at all. Very low energy. Not sure why. He seemed a lot better this morning. Off to my meeting now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think whoever cooks 'controls' the eating of those who eat at home. :) I know I do though I never think about it. forexample I only serve fish I like and never liver or other yucky things - no matter how good they MIGHT be for you!

I'm glad Myron appreciates you - and all your effort -he's one blessed husband that's for sure.

(And I'd like to pick up some menu planning tips from you. Also a slow cooker- I loved what you did with yours - but they aren't available here. I checked again today when I was in that kind of store -looking for something else!

May 28, 2007 at 3:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marlene said...

I do most of the cooking too and make Scott's lunches as well. Now that he's home though he's been taking care of me and cooking for me. He told me that he wants to eat healthier with me while he;s on his leave. I plan to because I want to lose the extra weight I'm carrying now. His parents are here and his mom's been cooking. It's great.

May 28, 2007 at 8:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home