Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sleep

I am a light sleeper. Unfortunately this means I often am walking around pretty tired. With a 3 year old, who requires lots of energy. Last night I could not believe the number of things that woke me up, or rather the number of times I was woken!
# of times woken by heating system- 6 times (until I finally turned it down to zero so that it could not do this to me anymore!)
# times woken by neighbour talking outside to a buddy- 5 times (I couldn't turn him off though- and why he was outside in the freezing cold talking to his buddy every hour, I really don't know)
# times woken by James- well only 3 but when he woke me at 2am I couldn't get back to sleep until after he got up again at 3am! so I 'm not sure if the 3am waking counts as a waking becasue I hadn't made it back to sleep yet.

The guy with the beard:
Today there was a guy with a big white bushy beard at Church. James says to me "What's that on his face?" I explain it's a beard, like Gadda has. C'mon boy- you've seen a beard before! But maybe because it was so white and so bushy it made it special. James had me take him over to the man. The man was quite friendly and offered to let James touch the beard, but he didn't want to. Then someone told James that this man was Santa, and James BELIEVED them and went around telling other people it was Santa! I'm not sure he really has any concept of who Santa is except he's seen a few pictures.
We had a really nice turkey lunch served at the Church. I believe Santa was serving the turkey :)

Coming back to James' waking in the night. He wakes because he is worried, I think. Maybe because he too is a light sleeper! So we have started reading Psalm 91 before he goes to bed. He really enjoys the reading and I am hoping the eventual benefit will be he will be able to sleep better!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying psalms over him and even anointing him with oil - for protection and for more of God's love - are lovely ways of bringing God home, and also for James (and you) feeling safe in His arms.

be blessed :)

December 5, 2005 at 2:24:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home