Friday, November 11, 2005

Meltdown after daycare

Today when I picked James up from the daycare, James was perfectly happy. Nick had brought a level crossing with lights and sounds to share and Polly said James had a great day with it, apparently.
When we got home he was fine for a bit but after being home for only a few minutes, he got grumpy and asked for some 'alone time', which I gladly gave him! I went to the computer to see if my friend Lorna was online (even if it was 2am her time- you never know when she will turn insomniac! Hi Lorna!). I didn't even get a chance to check when he came into the room and was bossy and said he wanted the computer (he has this new thing he likes to do on the computer- type the alphabet in order on Notepad- pretty funny when he's at it), but he didn't ask nicely and his attitude was poor so I went to talk to him and he started flailing around and hitting, so I sent him to a time out. He was very upset and crying. I told him he could not cross the line of his room, otherwise some of his trains would go up. He tested the boundary and the trains went up, making him even more upset! He didn't cross the boundary line again though! When he finally calmed down, I went in and had to talk to him for a long time, explaining what he did wrong, and explaining proper behavior to him. This took about 1/2 hour and then he was fine again.
It's a few hours since the episode and he's still fine even was o.k. with Myron shouting at him as they had a disagreement builiding with blocks!
I hope this isn't the start of some terrible 3's or something and was just a blip in the radar screen. He hasn't behaved so badly in such a long time.
I've been up since 3am so am ready for bed now. Maybe James will be so worn out by the episode he'll go to bed early?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home