Break
I thought I'd take a quick break from work and write something here.
I got up at 6am, listened to the news (which I promptly forgot), took my shower, made a chilli for our pot luck tonight (hopefully I plugged it in and turned it on too!), checked my email. Then James got up (7am), we had a cuddle and got ready for the day. I dropped him off at 8am and as he walked into the playroom, he said to me 'Bye- see you when you come back'. Yes, indeed you will. Got into work about 10 minutes later and started my crazy organization of the lab-I have to make sure all the students are in the right stations, pick up reports from TAs, record marks, hand reports back, answer questions, run up and down stairs numerous times- hey at least my fitness is worked into my work!
Now I'm working in my office for an hour making a list of all the problems I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on. At the end of the hour, I head upstairs and it will all start again, except because of scheduled back to back labs, I have to try to clean up the lab and get the morning lab students out. Plus, for this lab I get a bonus of having to give a 'talk' to one of our TAs whom we've been having a bit of a problem with.
I got up at 6am, listened to the news (which I promptly forgot), took my shower, made a chilli for our pot luck tonight (hopefully I plugged it in and turned it on too!), checked my email. Then James got up (7am), we had a cuddle and got ready for the day. I dropped him off at 8am and as he walked into the playroom, he said to me 'Bye- see you when you come back'. Yes, indeed you will. Got into work about 10 minutes later and started my crazy organization of the lab-I have to make sure all the students are in the right stations, pick up reports from TAs, record marks, hand reports back, answer questions, run up and down stairs numerous times- hey at least my fitness is worked into my work!
Now I'm working in my office for an hour making a list of all the problems I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on. At the end of the hour, I head upstairs and it will all start again, except because of scheduled back to back labs, I have to try to clean up the lab and get the morning lab students out. Plus, for this lab I get a bonus of having to give a 'talk' to one of our TAs whom we've been having a bit of a problem with.

2 Comments:
B here! Been busy. Dad was taken to the hospital last Sat. night with congestive heart failure. He is much better, but weak. Have no idea when he will be home. Pat has a bad bout with bronchitus again, but still working. Mom has not been feeling that well, but plods on.....still has more energy than me. We sold our house and go to closing Nov 15th. Carl will be down this weekend. Nancy's father died a few weeks back...Mom & I went up to the funeral. We've had quite a bit of rain the last few days too. The weekend is suppose to be nice. Take care.
checking if this works
PS did you switch on the chili or not. It sounded lovely :)
Post a Comment
<< Home