Thursday, December 01, 2005

Chocolate Advent calender

Today, being December 1, allowed James the much waited for pleasure of opening the first door of the chocolate 'postman pat' advent calender that James' Great Nan from England sent. He was most excited about this and first thing in the morning we opened the first door. There was a little chocolate king behind the door. The chocolate king lasted only a few seconds, but James has been talking about kings all day! He also goes over and over the numbers on the calender figuring out which door each day belongs to. The Advent calender actually goes to New Years, but after the 25th the doors are not labeled with dates any longer, but as '5 days to go' etc. .This is a wee bit confusing for the mite, but he's doing o.k. with it.

Today I made a lovely smelling 'Maui chicken' dish (tasted pretty good too, but not as good as it smelled!) because the dish was to be served on rice, I made just plain rice and figured the sauce would perk the rice up. Well, James was quite upset with this as he quite likes his rice from packets! So he refused to eat the rice, but he did agree that the chicken was good. We had watermelon for dessert.

James is now playing inside a cardboard box that used to house the dehumidifier.
We're going to make some popcorn and watch Survivor when I'm done writing this.
Myron called at 6 (after I had made the dinner!) to say he wouldn't make it home till about 9 so James and I are having a 'quiet' evening in. Don't take 'quiet' literally.

James is very excited about going to Oma and Gadda's for the holidays. He talks about it every day. Today it was triggered by passing a corner store that had a chip(crisp) truck outside of it. He said that Oma and Gadda have chips and that he was going there for a holiday. I was sure that Oma and Gadda would be sooo pleased to be know for being the House of Chips. Hi Oma! Hi Gadda! I know y'all are really healthy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home