Sunday, November 20, 2005

The exams are done!

Yes, indeedy the 250 looong boooring exams are done. It has been 42 long hours of marking since Wednesday, but they are done and ready to be shipped back first thing tomorrow morning. Now I have to get my life back!

I started last night. I finished the marking at 9pm and then cleaned my house for 2 hours (while watching CSI Miami, so it wasn't that intense of a cleaning!)
Today we went to Church in the morning. James had a blast, as usual. Tara took a little fall, and me being so used to falls, didn't take much notice of it, but she bawled and bawled, so I realized that I have become immune to falls that do not include huge blood loss or a concussion!
The topic today was Introduction to Community (Luke 10: 25-37; 14:12-24) and we were looking at the questions:How can we be this place of common courtesy, hospitality, and protection? In other words, who is our neighbour, and is s/he invited to our Banquet?
Myron read an interesting piece to start the service about 2 people who were friends and one of them let the other down and then didn't want to go back and see his friend again, but when they finally met up again the friend just loved him, and we were reminded that we may fail God, but is his loyalty to us that maintains the friendship.
Jonnie also read a story called 'Harry the Dirty Dog', which James particularly enjoyed. It was about a dog who didn't like baths so he went and hid the scrubbing brush and then went and got as dirty as he could. James especially liked when Harry went to the train station to get dirty in the coal chute! But eventually Harry gets hungry and goes home, but he is sooo dirty the family don't recognize him. So he goes and digs up the scrubbing brush and happily has a bath and his family take him back.
(our service is one where people bring something, not planned, other than the topic. It's neat when they work out to fit together well)
That was all I caught of the service though, as James and I were pretty busy for the rest!

So, for the rest of today I have heaps of dishes to do. If I get through that, I'll do some baking. We are having soup and bread for dinner, so that will be easy!

James on 'What I want for Christamas'
Myron was talking to his mom on the phone and asked James what he wanted for Christmas. Without skipping a beat he replied 'Engines'
Today he added some clarification. He said he wanted the Brendam Docks for Christmas. This was easy for me to agree to as he got the Brendam Docks for his birthday. So he said for Christmas he wanted 'Engines and the Brendam Docks. Then I'll have 2 Brendam Docks'. HEY, that WASN'T what I was agreeing to! He's pretty smart that boy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home