History
I read this news article about Western pulling their concert headliner because he settled an assault charge.
I didn't actually know about the assault charge before I read this article but on reading up on it, it occurred in 2010 and criminal charges were dropped, it was the civil suit that he settled.
Now if the assault occurred in 2010 the Western people would have had plenty of time to decide not to hire him as the frosh week headliner. While I understand they want to create a healthy climate for their students, shouldn't they have thought about that before they hired him? So, their reasoning seems a bit flawed there.
Which brings up another question of how one's past affects one's present ability to do one's job. Should this be held against him forever?
(Also, to note that I don't know anything about the guy other than what I read but if I was hiring him I would have given his music and lyrics a listen. If it was going to be important later, one should have done a past history check at the time they were considering him. As he is a public figure, this would not be hard to do)
I didn't actually know about the assault charge before I read this article but on reading up on it, it occurred in 2010 and criminal charges were dropped, it was the civil suit that he settled.
Now if the assault occurred in 2010 the Western people would have had plenty of time to decide not to hire him as the frosh week headliner. While I understand they want to create a healthy climate for their students, shouldn't they have thought about that before they hired him? So, their reasoning seems a bit flawed there.
Which brings up another question of how one's past affects one's present ability to do one's job. Should this be held against him forever?
(Also, to note that I don't know anything about the guy other than what I read but if I was hiring him I would have given his music and lyrics a listen. If it was going to be important later, one should have done a past history check at the time they were considering him. As he is a public figure, this would not be hard to do)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home