Saturday, August 04, 2012

sagas

I thought I had a productive day today but I couldn't really think what I had done other than dishes and laundry. I guess I did a lot of them both!

The saga of the duct cleaning telemarketers continue. The one who I made the appointment with and cancelled called again saying that I had told him to call back in August. I hadn't - I told him I was going to go with a local company. So I told him I wasn't interested. He asked why. I told him again that I wanted to go with a local company. He then started telling me that rates would go up in the fall. I didn't particularly care about his rates as I am going to go with a local company whose rates do not fluctuate seasonally. We went over this a few times. I had googled his company after our last conversation and I could find nothing in Kingston. He kept saying he was a local company. So, to make things more difficult for him, I asked him the address. He came up with an address in Kingston 3261 Stuart St. NOW, Stuart St. is right by where I work and the street is occupied with the university and the hospital. No duct cleaning company. I told him I walk down there quite frequently and had never seen his 'office'. He said I would see it now. I think he is lying to me. Then he was like "well how do we bring our trucks to clean your vents if we are not in Kingston?" Well, the truck may stop in kingston to clean ducts but that does not make you a local company. Very bizarre. Why does he so badly want to clean my ducts?

I had called a local guy and he seemed a lot more on the level than this guy. I don't like people lying to me!

The students got their residence room assignments yesterday which they were all very excited about. They have started some complex lists to keep track of who is in which res and which room. I hope none of them have any enemies because it would be easy to find someone this way!

Hard to believe Kim is in the middle of Thailand right now. Hope she is able to sleep!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy! I just had an aggressive duct-cleaner call my house too. His English wasn't great, so instead of trying to explain to him in a lot of words why I didn't want his service, I lied and said my ducts were just cleaned :/. Bad, Marlene...

August 4, 2012 at 8:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Aphra said...

May be the same guy Marlene!

August 4, 2012 at 9:27:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home