Monday, May 24, 2010

nests

It seems the robins have abandoned their nest - maybe the eggs were not viable.

Yesterday I had a pretty restful day. Joanne B. spoke at Rustle. It was very good and very clear. I went home, had a small bite of lunch, played with James a bit and then made an early dinner as I was heading out with Kim at 4pm to go to her Church's evening service. The service starts at 6pm but she has her small group from 4:30-5:30. So I sat in the car and read more of "the Winthrop Woman" book. Interestingly, it seems that Kim had a number of symptoms of Scurvy as described in the book. However, her ailment is more likely strep throat or allergies.
In July, Kim is planning on going on a mission trip to the Philippines and Thailand. For a gal who is petrifies of airplanes AND foreign countries, this is a pretty big step for her.
Anyway, the speaker at Kim's church was Rod Parsley's mother. Maybe she has her own name, but I did not catch it. She's 75 years old and pretty vibrant. She spoke from Exodus 23:20. She had 7 points from the chapter, but her teaching was very speedy and a bit hard to follow. However, the stories she told from her life were RICH. She obviously has a lot of life experience being 75 :) She and her husband both had to fight cancer and she has travelled the world. Being American, there were a few different ways of thinking than Canadians, but it certainly was interesting to attend.
While I was there I saw Jennie and Mike who used to go to Next and their little boy and new little girl. Very cute.

This morning, James and I were chilling when there was a phone call. James answered. Apparently the speaker thought he sounded like me as I heard him indignantly say "No, I'm Aphra's SON". It turned out to be very old friends Joanne and Mark S. from when I went to the Living Word. They were in town (they live in Orillia now) and could they visit in 1/2 an hour? So they came over and that was indeed the exciting highlight of the day so far.

It's a beautiful sunny day, so I'm happily hanging laundry again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home