Friday, May 21, 2010

busy bird evening

The birds in the neighbourhood were very busy this evening. Lots of baby birds needing food I expect. The robin's nest outside my kitchen window does not seem to have hatched babies yet. The adult robins come out and watch the little boys playing on the lawn quizzically. Not sure if they are threats or not. They probably would be threats if they knew about the nest, but they don't. That I know of anyway.
A sparrow approached boldly looking for crumbs, so I obliged.
A girl travelling the neighbourhood looking for sponsors for children on other nations asked if James would like to correspond with one. The answer was negative. Writing he does not like.
Playing games he does like. And he certainly doesn't get it from me. Maybe Uncle Nat. He happily plays with the neighbour children who are older and more destructive and don't always treat him very nicely.
James is calling now and I need to make a shopping list for tomorrow. I am ready for bed and it's not 9pm yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home