Sunday, May 09, 2010

40% chance of flurries


The weather forecast for this morning is a 40% chance of flurries. Someone apparently forgot to give mother nature the memo that it is spring. Oh, I forgot- she's not reading memos anymore.

James' birthday party went very well. Laser tag appears to be a suitable amusement for the age group. The party was from 12-2. They had their first laser tag game at 12:10. Pizza at 12:30. Second game at 12:50. Then dessert and present opening and then playing the arcade type games in their game room. Nobody cried. Noone was sick. They all seemed really excited about the whole thing, so a success!

We brought AJ home from the party with us. Gerald had surgery last week and so was still resting so we've kept AJ since the party. He slept over last night and the boys are now playing lego star wars on the Wii (Duncan was well informed on Friday that James got a Wii so this was his present to James!)

I made the boys go to bed at 8:30 last night so the I could watch a movie (I think it's been months since I've seen one!) and I watched "New in Town" that has Renee Zellweger arrive in a Minnesota town to be their plant manager. In a way it clicked with me as I just started this new job and the proctors have been doing this for many years and have their own culture in a way and so it's been a bit interesting for both them and me, just like it was for Renee. Except I don't save the town with my awesome plant managing skills.

1 Comments:

Blogger Friar Tuck said...

I dont envy your cold up there. But it is 85 here, which is a little too hot for me.

May 9, 2010 at 8:39:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home