Friday, April 02, 2010

early Friday morning

At 4am this morning, James was up. He opened his Nintendo, but I made him put it away and he immediately fell asleep once more. I, however, didn't fall back asleep. I tried but gave up after a bit and got up and did some work.

I have to check through my students' file of late reports. Funny how when you tell them they won't get a mark in the course unless they hand stuff in, they suddenly spring into action! I got about 30 reports in my last chance deadline.

I have a funny 'busted' story to tell from yesterday. I had an instructor call me to see if we still had the exam attendance records from December. You bet, I said- I'll go in the vault and check and call you right back (after he gave me the information) I couldn't find any record of the student he inquired about so I called him back and told him. Then he told me that the student was in his office right now and had (evidently while I was in the vault checking things out) fessed up that he did not attend the exam. I guess he thought the 'I attended and you lost my exam' bit would work until he realized we kept records and then he thought he may as well come clean. Busted!

This morning I read through the Easter story with James. Maybe I enjoyed it more than James. I suspect he would have enjoyed it more had there been hockey or star wars in the story!

At 11am I went to the Church that James goes to Pioneers at (we call it the 'Pioneer church' but that isn't it's real name- I don't recall that- it's only a block away) for their Good Friday service. James had a bit of a cold and had 'seen the movie' so I went on my own. James and I have gone to their evening services before but I had never been to one of their morning ones before. The evening services are pretty casual but the one this morning was more formal. Compared to their evening service and to Rustle, it was pretty slow. They used an organ (which I had never seen there before- it must have been there but I had never noticed). The organ takes a bit of getting used to when you are not used to an organ. Carol Bielby sang a beautiful solo.

The weather is beautiful- I have done and hung 3 loads of laundry so far today!

I just saw that a little boy that I used to babysit (he's not so little anymore- it was 15 years ago!) is in a dance video on youtube

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home