Mommy: The Best Generation
James has referred to me today as "Mommy: the best generation" and "Mommy: the worst generation" depending on his mood.
James played 3 games in the kids-for-kids tournament. Yesterday at 4, this morning at 8 and this afternoon at 12:30 in Napanee. He fell asleep on the way home from Napanee. I think the tournament went well even though his team lost a lot. I spent the day marking.
James is now spending earth hour playing hockey in the dark.
Last night James and I watched Jamie Oliver's "Food revolution" which I thought was quite good. It cracked me up when he took food out of the freezer and showed the cooks the list of ingredients (most of which were preservatives or chemicals) and asked if they felt bad serving it to the kids and they were all like "potato is the first ingredient". I did agree with the point of his program about how we (America) are eating for the most part, wrong. But what I particularly liked about the program was that it showed (no matter what the topic) that people have a herd time with change, a hard time with changing thought patterns and sometimes rules are made that aren't necessarily needed to stick to the letter (ie. he was serving brown rice and the school board rep. had a problem with it because it didn't fulfill the '2 bread' requirement but his meal was much healthier than what they had been serving before!)
James played 3 games in the kids-for-kids tournament. Yesterday at 4, this morning at 8 and this afternoon at 12:30 in Napanee. He fell asleep on the way home from Napanee. I think the tournament went well even though his team lost a lot. I spent the day marking.
James is now spending earth hour playing hockey in the dark.
Last night James and I watched Jamie Oliver's "Food revolution" which I thought was quite good. It cracked me up when he took food out of the freezer and showed the cooks the list of ingredients (most of which were preservatives or chemicals) and asked if they felt bad serving it to the kids and they were all like "potato is the first ingredient". I did agree with the point of his program about how we (America) are eating for the most part, wrong. But what I particularly liked about the program was that it showed (no matter what the topic) that people have a herd time with change, a hard time with changing thought patterns and sometimes rules are made that aren't necessarily needed to stick to the letter (ie. he was serving brown rice and the school board rep. had a problem with it because it didn't fulfill the '2 bread' requirement but his meal was much healthier than what they had been serving before!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home