Sled
Oh. My. This past week and weekend have been very busy! My mother noted the lack of blog entries this week- shows how busy I am.
I am done marking all the papers, though the last stack (due to hand back on Wed.) I haven't assigned marks to because I was racing through them just to see if anyone had copied- as I have to know this before I start giving the papers back first thing tomorrow! (the penalties for copying on the first worksheet are minor compared to copying on formal reports- which (for Lorna) the penalty is to repeat the course)
I haven't posted the marks yet either. Nor have I done up the schedules which I'll need to have done in a couple of days. Nor have I done up my presentation for TOMORROW MORNING. (Well, I have it mostly in my head, but I need to have it written down to give to my TAs)
That's enough about my work.
Today, as if had snowed about a foot before we were heading off to Church decided to haul out the sled so I could cart my heavy pot of soup on the way TO church and my heavy lump of a child on the way BACK. The child liked the idea and wanted to be carts along to start. He is heavier than a pot of soup. So I had to carry a pot of soup and pull the boy. Luckily, this only lasted a few blocks and he became inspired that he could pull the sled and it could be a train. So he pulled the pot of soup to Church, making many 'stops' along the way. And then we took a circuit-y route home again with all the stops. It was pretty fun :)
I am done marking all the papers, though the last stack (due to hand back on Wed.) I haven't assigned marks to because I was racing through them just to see if anyone had copied- as I have to know this before I start giving the papers back first thing tomorrow! (the penalties for copying on the first worksheet are minor compared to copying on formal reports- which (for Lorna) the penalty is to repeat the course)
I haven't posted the marks yet either. Nor have I done up the schedules which I'll need to have done in a couple of days. Nor have I done up my presentation for TOMORROW MORNING. (Well, I have it mostly in my head, but I need to have it written down to give to my TAs)
That's enough about my work.
Today, as if had snowed about a foot before we were heading off to Church decided to haul out the sled so I could cart my heavy pot of soup on the way TO church and my heavy lump of a child on the way BACK. The child liked the idea and wanted to be carts along to start. He is heavier than a pot of soup. So I had to carry a pot of soup and pull the boy. Luckily, this only lasted a few blocks and he became inspired that he could pull the sled and it could be a train. So he pulled the pot of soup to Church, making many 'stops' along the way. And then we took a circuit-y route home again with all the stops. It was pretty fun :)

1 Comments:
can just see James playing trains with the sledge and making stops on the way :)
"the penalty is to repeat the course" ... does this mean they have to pay the fee for the course again (that would be an incentive not to do it again I'd have thought!)
Post a Comment
<< Home