Body fur
Al's sermon today was very,very, very good.(really, you should have been there) Once you got past the body fur part. And if you were not the fire marshall, who I'm sure would not appreciate the fact that at least the candles are not bonfires.
His first point was that we are responsible for our own actions and choices. We eat our own sour grapes, as it were. Maybe we should just buy a new bunch of grapes?
In the afternoon, I made heaps of ham casserole. For some reason also James thinks I should 'coach' his hockey teams. Yes, someone who knows nothing about it, smart idea. The role mainly involves my meeting the players at the start. For the New Jersey team, I had to ask each member what they did in the summer. Then James would answer for the players. Some of the players were on soccer teams, some were on basketball teams, and some traveled to Scotland (by train). When he said the player went to Scotland by train, I said "from here?" and he was "NO, from NEW JERSEY". How silly of me. He was really quite creative with the summer plans.
The next team (which I happen to forget which it was), I met each player and kissed each one (they are pieces of paper). Surprising after having such an intimate relationship, I forget what team it was.
Tonight, I'm going with James to the Church down the road, then coming home to make a heap of cookies! Then, tomorrow, a 12 hour work day.
His first point was that we are responsible for our own actions and choices. We eat our own sour grapes, as it were. Maybe we should just buy a new bunch of grapes?
In the afternoon, I made heaps of ham casserole. For some reason also James thinks I should 'coach' his hockey teams. Yes, someone who knows nothing about it, smart idea. The role mainly involves my meeting the players at the start. For the New Jersey team, I had to ask each member what they did in the summer. Then James would answer for the players. Some of the players were on soccer teams, some were on basketball teams, and some traveled to Scotland (by train). When he said the player went to Scotland by train, I said "from here?" and he was "NO, from NEW JERSEY". How silly of me. He was really quite creative with the summer plans.
The next team (which I happen to forget which it was), I met each player and kissed each one (they are pieces of paper). Surprising after having such an intimate relationship, I forget what team it was.
Tonight, I'm going with James to the Church down the road, then coming home to make a heap of cookies! Then, tomorrow, a 12 hour work day.

1 Comments:
Stay sane now that the rat race begins
Post a Comment
<< Home