Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No more turkey sandwiches

For the last 3 nights, I have had turkey sandwiches with the leftover turkey from Christmas. I have now run out of leftover turkey, otherwise I would continue.

I worked last night until 1am sorting things out for my course. James called at 8am and I rolled out of bed for him. I think I'm fighting a cold. I don't normally sleep that long.

Myron took his computer in because it was overheating before he left. The computer guy called this morning and explained to me what was wrong. I think he wanted me to get excited about what they had done, but really I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

I had some errands to run today, but Kim was coming by at 11:30am so I couldn't really run them in the morning and get back in time, so I went out after she had been by.

My bro. had warned me that he and Karrie had mailed out gifts and they should arrive this week. Well, they both arrived yesterday while I was at work. The amazon package they left but the one that N&K mailed themselves, they didn't. So one of my errands was to pick that up.
I should preface this Post Office story by saying that the last time I went to pick up a package at this office and it indicated on the card that I would need to show ID- I asked the guy- do you need to see my ID? and he said- No, I know you. You do?
It was a different guy today, but he probably won't forget me either. A had been hoping that it would be a small package, but it was HUGE! So I stood there looking at it and wondering how I was going to haul it to the A&P, let alone back home. My only real option for survival was to unpack it. And there was quite a lot to unpack, mostly for James mind you. (James won't mind a bit!) So, sweet, you guys. I gave the mail guy the box. I'm sure he was overjoyed:)
I was expecting an amazon package today as well, that I thought they would leave like they had left my brothers and parents packages. But no, not today. I have to go back to the Post Office again!

After the Post Office, I headed to the A&P because they have frozen Eggo pancakes on sale and we all really like them. I buy the ones in animal shapes. After I bought my pancakes, I stopped to collect myself and some guy came up and started talking to me. He looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place him. He seemed friendly enough as he looked through the products I had purchased. The cashiers were giving me worried looks, but I ignored them as he really was harmless. I told him how wonderful the Eggo pancakes were and that they were on sale, and he went back to buy some himself. It really doesn't bother me when people I don't know are comfortable with me. I consider it a compliment, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home