Friday, September 26, 2008

Open house

Yesterday we went to an open house at James' school and got to meet his 2 teachers. James seems more attached to one than the other. I suspect that is the teacher that keeps things in order. James likes order.

I looked at his art folder (all of his work was on display on his desk). The first was a picture of him swimming at the Y in the big pool. Because he had a lot of anxiety about this I was sort of glad to see that he had drawn it, so it's not a big scary thing. He seems to like the swimming, really.
ALL the rest of the art was remarkably the same- a bunch of stick figure people in different colours. The only thing that differed was which sport they were playing!
I noted a number of them were titled "OLPC" (Olympic) which must have been on his mind as the Olympics were just on.

The room was pretty busy, so I didn't get much chance to talk to the teachers, but I told one teacher that James never goes the bathroom at school. Yes, she confirmed to me, he never asks to go. That's my boy- he holds it all day! This is exactly what he did at the daycare when he was potty training. It may say something about his confort level at school, though he does seem pretty happy there.