Thursday, September 11, 2008

Firemen

My office at RMC had a 'problem' for over a year in the air system, that made my office warm (much warmer than the rest of the place). We were always at about 25 degrees. Now they have 'fixed' the problem, I find it really COLD (even though it's reading about 20 degrees). I asked for a space heater (lol) but they turned me down because the temperature was 'normal' and space heaters must be cleared with the fire department. They told me to wear a sweater. But it's my hands that are cold- so I guess I'll have to find some typing gloves!

At the start of the year, they assign my students into sections. For some bizarre reason they decided to rename some of the sections. They didn't even tell me about it, and I'm working on preparing course materials! 1. It's a bad idea to make changes like this in Week 1 (well anytime after classes have started really) 2. It's a bad idea not to let the instructors know. Who makes these decisions?

James would like you to know that Mikey is really improving.

James read a book called "C'est petit" to me today. The only word he got wrong was 'voiture'. He did pretty super with the reading.

He also started pioneers today- it looks like he's got a good class. The teacher is really nice too :)

1 Comments:

Blogger rab said...

I agree. Put on a sweater. In an office with four people, you will have five to eight differing opinions as to whether it is too hot or too cold. Wearing a sweater will increase your overall body temperature and your hands will warm up along with the rest of your body. In my (many) years of experience working in several office buildings, I have never discovered one that everyone (actually anyone!) feels comfortable. I've taken to wearing as little as possible (and still be decent!) to work and adding layers as required. I let others duke it out as to what happens to the heater/air conditioner. I try to regulate the thing I have the most control over - my choice of clothing.

September 12, 2008 at 8:35:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home