Lunch break
For the first time this week, I get a lunch break! I think that's a good sign. Well, it's probably not. More ominous. The calm before the storm. I had an egg salad sandwich, reasonably priced at $2.50. I haven't managed to find stuff that cheap at Queen's.
Both of my jobs have reached assorted levels of crazy and the last 3 days have been level 4 crazy. (still not peak, but quite high)
At RMC, all our papers for the workshop were due in last week, but only half of them are in and we have to send the manuscript to the printer at the end of next week.
But next week is my level 5 crazy week at Queen's, not quite sure how to explain THAT to my boss at RMC. Because we still have a lot to do to get stuff ready for publication and not that much time. And we haven't even got all the papers!
So I'm not quite sure how we'll handle it- I suspect I'll be working in the evenings at RMC. I'm not quite sure how to fit all of my work life in.
To make things worse, yesterday, one lady who is trying to figure out how to pay me send me an email that I couldn't really make heads or tails of, but she wanted me to come in for a meeting. Well, yesterday I gave her the times I was available. But this morning, I changed my mind- I told her that this is the amount you need to pay me and I don't care HOW you do it, just do it and no,no,no I'm not coming to your meeting. She was actually happy with this email. Funny how people are.
One James story and then I'll get back to work:
On the bus there is a kid named mikey. Mikey misbehaves on the bus. All the time. He's probably the most disruptive on the bus. James is probably the least. (but I may be biased:) So they make Mikey sit next to James. James is very scared of mikey. But he takes very seriously his responsibility to 'watch mikey'. When James got dropped off the other day, the mother of another boy who also gets off at the same stop was told her son had been trouble. As we walked home, I asked James what the other boy had done. James said he didn't know because he was too busy watching mikey! Probably watching partly out of responsibility, partly out of fear for his life!
James brings home a book every day to read from school and even though he didn't do any french reading over the summer, his reading has improved a lot from SK.
Both of my jobs have reached assorted levels of crazy and the last 3 days have been level 4 crazy. (still not peak, but quite high)
At RMC, all our papers for the workshop were due in last week, but only half of them are in and we have to send the manuscript to the printer at the end of next week.
But next week is my level 5 crazy week at Queen's, not quite sure how to explain THAT to my boss at RMC. Because we still have a lot to do to get stuff ready for publication and not that much time. And we haven't even got all the papers!
So I'm not quite sure how we'll handle it- I suspect I'll be working in the evenings at RMC. I'm not quite sure how to fit all of my work life in.
To make things worse, yesterday, one lady who is trying to figure out how to pay me send me an email that I couldn't really make heads or tails of, but she wanted me to come in for a meeting. Well, yesterday I gave her the times I was available. But this morning, I changed my mind- I told her that this is the amount you need to pay me and I don't care HOW you do it, just do it and no,no,no I'm not coming to your meeting. She was actually happy with this email. Funny how people are.
One James story and then I'll get back to work:
On the bus there is a kid named mikey. Mikey misbehaves on the bus. All the time. He's probably the most disruptive on the bus. James is probably the least. (but I may be biased:) So they make Mikey sit next to James. James is very scared of mikey. But he takes very seriously his responsibility to 'watch mikey'. When James got dropped off the other day, the mother of another boy who also gets off at the same stop was told her son had been trouble. As we walked home, I asked James what the other boy had done. James said he didn't know because he was too busy watching mikey! Probably watching partly out of responsibility, partly out of fear for his life!
James brings home a book every day to read from school and even though he didn't do any french reading over the summer, his reading has improved a lot from SK.

1 Comments:
Sounds like things are going well.
Post a Comment
<< Home