Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First day of school, first call from the principal

When I picked James up from school, I got to see his afternoon teacher. She is just out of teachers college, so pretty young.
We went to look for his bus, to tell Thomas(the bus driver) that I was taking him home, but the bus still hadn't shown up. I figured it was running a bit behind and probably lots of kids weren't riding the bus on the first day.
We walked home and the first thing I did was try to get a hold of Lisa to tell her that Jessie might be late. But she was probably at the bus stop already and didn't get my call.
Then around 5pm I got a call from the principal, checking to see if James got home ok. Apparently, the bus had broken down and while the kids that were waiting were accounted for, they had to check with the ones who were not, to make sure they hadn't wandered off or anything.
The principal is new this year. Probably got a good workout today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home