Friday, March 30, 2007

Kindergarten realization

We were talking about kindergartens this evening and James suddenly came to a realization that Mom would not be at kindergarten with him! He had a brief breakdown, but we talked a lot about it and I think he's ok now. For now at least.

James got himself in a bit of trouble at the daycare today. He told a little girl at the daycare who was playing basketball with him that "Boys are better than girls". The daycare teacher took him aside to talk to him about this, and James still insisted that boys were better than girls and that he wanted his mom, thank you very much. And had a cry. And Polly said - you realize your mom is a girl don't you? He may have been watching too much men's basketball with this March madness. If they do a female March madness, I'll make him watch it! James and I have a plan to watch my women's gymnastics tape this weekend so he can see that women can do amazing stuff in sports too.

I didn't sleep terribly well last night, though not terribly badly either. I was up from 4-5:30 but slept a good chunk of the night. I was still kind of dizzy today so I called the dr. again. The cardiogram was apparently normal, so they weren't worried about that and my symptoms didn't sound too bad to them, so they made an appt for Apr 16, so that makes me feel a bit better that they didn't think I had to come in right away or anything. Though if I get worse I have to call them again. Let's hope that doesn't happen!

I don't know if we'll have another child but if we do and it's a boy, we all agreed today we'd name him Jebediah. We heard it on a tv commercial and thought it would be great fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Must be the age. Astrid would definitely disagree with James and say that girls are better than boys.

March 30, 2007 at 11:22:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you aren't a girl - you're his mum :)

Jedediah - a bit of a mouthfull - would it get shortened do you think?

March 31, 2007 at 7:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have a cousin named Jedediah. He's been called Jed, Jay and JJ (his middle name also starts with a J) but rarely his full name. Now that he's an adult, Jay seems to be the name that has stuck.

March 31, 2007 at 1:50:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home