Sunday, January 07, 2007

Smoke

Myron is sick again with some stomach bug :(

Since coming back from Moncton, James is very sensitive to people smoking. I guess he had more exposure to it over there. When we came out of the library yesterday, he said "I smell smoke" and then pointed at a lady that had just walked by and indicated that she was smoking. I wonder if that would stop people from smoking, if small children pointed them out. Myron says that the lung cancer cases they get are the nastiest cases. It does not seem that smoking seems appealing to James. A lot of Myron's stuff when he came back from Moncton smelled like smoke. His brother smokes, but is quite careful to try to make sure the kids don't see him. He also seems quite aware how bad it is for him.

Yesterday, I started a "40 days of prayer" Bible Study. It was supposed to begin Jan 1, I think, but I didn't get the papers until yesterday. If you don't have a Bible study plan for the new year,Eija is starting an internet Bible study on Jan 12th that you can check out. It's called Into the Bible

I'm really hoping Myron's sickness doesn't spread to James or I as I start into my first busy week.

Edited to add: I agree Marlene, there is a difference between 'unpleasant' food cooking odor and 'toxic' smoke. An interesting factoid that I just thought of: when I go to Cancer clinic staff parties, I've never seen anyone smoking! I guess either they were healthy going in or the job scared it out of them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

There's some controversy here because a group wants to ban smoking from condos and apartments. As a non-smoker I'm all for it, but the smokers are mad. The smoke does come in through our vents, though, and I hate it. Some are trying to argue that it's not fair because there are other tenants who stink up the place with there cooking and stuff. It's not quite the same, though, since one thing is bad for everyone's health. I say, if they just quit smoking there lives would be easier in so many ways.

January 7, 2007 at 10:07:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home