Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Lasagne

Well, the birthday was rather unmomentus. No mail was even delivered due to that there civil servants holiday that I always forget about.

Today, Myron is sick with some sort of stomach bug. He'll be off work tomorrow too. Everyone seems to get off work for my birthday, but not me!
Tomorrow I disappear into a heap of exams. Hopefully, I will resurface sometime next week. Hopefully, I don't get sick. I have a lot of time pressure on this marking.

Today I had a wonderful slow cooker lasagne for dinner. And ate by myself because Myron was sick and James said he didn't like lasagne. Here's the recipe for you Dawna!
I make both a meat and a veggie version. I'll give both.

Put in slow cooker and mix together:
8 cooked lasagne noodles (break them up before you put them in the boiling water)
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 green peppers chopped up
1 onion chopped up (if you like onion)
2 cups grated mozzarela cheese
1 cup cottage cheese (recipe suggests creamed cottage cheese, but I only rarely find that)
1 tsp. basil
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp pepper (i use more)
recipe suggests 1/2 tsp salt, but I don't use it, use it if you like
1/2 tsp oregano

For meat version put in 500g cooked ground beef

For veggie version add any veggies you like in lasagne. I have used carrots and frozen spinach (defrosted and drained) and lots of peppers. I have not tried mushrooms because I don't like them. Read hate mushrooms!

Edited to add: My apologies to Dawna, I did not include the time to cook! It can go for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low, or any amount above that- it won't burn!

Kim came to visit me at work today and gave me a book called 'Fight like a girl' for my birthday. By Lisa Bevere. I really like her work.
Kim and I had a nice lunch together, but short as she had to visit another friend at the hospital and get to work. But she knows where my office is now, as it was moved a few months ago.

I'll try to do some cleaning tonight because goodness knows nothing will be done in the next week! And I have all this sickness to clean up. Sometimes I wish I could see germs but most of the time I'm glad I can't.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanks, aphra! this lasagna sounds good and i have been craving lasagna lately, just didn't want to have to make it... this sounds easier to make (well, less mess at least), i will definitely try it this week.

November 14, 2006 at 11:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Aphra's lasagna it is delicious.

Hope you survive the marking and hope everyone in your family (and in church) are better soon.

I've had a rough week too ...

November 16, 2006 at 2:12:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we had the lasagna tonight for dinner and there is lots leftover... it was delicious! thanks, aphra.

November 17, 2006 at 1:03:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home