Friday, November 03, 2006

First name basis

James is going through a phase where sometimes he calls me mom and sometimes aphra. I find it so funny when he calls me by my first name. All of our friends and his teachers at the daycare are also a first name basis. When I was a kid we always called friends' parents Mrs. Smith or whatever. I meet them now and still call them Mrs. Smith. But James calls Tara's parents Sarah and Paul. I can't imagine him calling them Mr. + Mrs. B. It sounds so grown up!

Myron is working tomorrow, so it will just be James and I. James has planned out my birthday cake so maybe we'll go and order that.

I have landed another work contract starting on Nov. 15, so I've been trying to shuffle my schedule around to work this. I do it as a favor for Myron's old supervisor. We'll see how it goes this year. Wouldn't it be great if we could clone ourselves and the clone could do all our work and we could just have fun?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in my favourite comic strip calvin and hobbes he continuely cloned himself and got himself into all sorts of trouble...you are one person!!!

of course more of you in this world wouldnt be so bad...

November 3, 2006 at 6:52:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home