Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thumb with no bandaid in an electronics lab

You can tell it's just going to get better can't you?
I took off the bandaid last night to let my thumb air out while I slept. Fine, except I forgot to put a new one on in the morning!
So the flap of skin kept getting caught in things in the electronics lab.
The dishes are still not washed. And, no, Myron could not do them. He was out until 2:30am studying for a test, then tues night he had the test and got home late, and then tonight has to stay late at work to install some new water tank.
James is more than willing to do the dishes, but that usually involves getting a lot of water on the floor. a lot. and then me having to re-do the dishes again. I'll try to tackle them after this post.

Tomorrow, before work I have to remember to put the dinner in the slow cooker. Thus I must wash the slow cooker tonight!
I'm working at RMC tomorrow. I have to get our new official photo ID. We're all going to walk around with these IDs clipped to us. Myron has one at the hospital and he clips it to his shirt pocket, but I have no clue as to where I'll clip mine. Maybe they have rules about this. They have rules about a lot of things. I don't know how these ID will make the workplace safer, but anyway.

James and I hung out with Kim and Zully at the Kingfisher today (where Zully works- hey Louise I think Greg's gym is in the basement of this- I think Zully manages that too) They had almost sold their Kingston house but the buyers couldn't come up with the money. Now Zully and the real estate agent hate each other (and Al, don't ask which real estate agent it was, because I recommended the guy you recommended to us)
Anyway, Kim was having a day off, which is pretty rare for her!
I gave Kim the recipe tree thing that Carolyn sent me and it took me a while to convince her it was a recipe tree, not a chain letter. HA. I sent one to you too Karrie! Carolyn wouldn't send chain letters would she Bob?

James has Pioneer club tomorrow. He just loves it. I sent his teacher a card this week because she had sent James a get well card when he had the fever and last week at Pioneer club James told me that 2 boys weren't listening to the teacher, so I figured she needed to get well too! She looked pretty frazzled by the end of the club last week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

In an idealistic sort of way, I love the idea of doing dishes by hand. I don't own a dryer and actually really enjoy hanging my laundry year round. But I must say, in reality I LOVE my dishwasher. Now that I'm addicted to it, going a month and a half without it when it broke down this summer was sheer torture. Unless you actually enjoy doing dishes, I think a dishwasher is a worthwhile investment if you have the money and the space to put it.

I have been known to do a load of other people's dirty dishes in my dishwasher when they got out of hand. If you want to bring some over, be my guest!!

October 25, 2006 at 9:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger rab said...

Carolyn and I were having the chain letter discussion last night. I told her there is a lot of pent-up hostility toward chain letters and she shouldn't be surprised if she gets some less than desirable responses. "It's not a chain letter!" Okay. But it sounds like a chain letter. The only thing missing is the threat. How about this: If you don't pass this on to six other people, your finger will get a cut and you won't be able to do dishes for many days. May the chain letter force be with you.

October 26, 2006 at 7:38:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Aphra said...

But I DID pass it on and I still got my finger cut. FWIW, I put a bandaid on today and am much happier :)

October 26, 2006 at 8:48:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home