Sunday, October 22, 2006

Vicks

I have covered myself in Vicks in hopes of dislodging a cold that seems to have settled in my chest. I'm not coughing too much and I don't have a runny nose. But I can feel it in my chest and I'm loosing my voice.

Yesterday we went grocery shopping. James is so funny. He'll take a box off the shelf and say "I like this. Does it have trans fat?". I have taught him well. He picked out Shredded Wheat, Veggie thins crackers and Nemo snacks. An interesting combo.

In the afternoon I baked lots of cookies. Orange coconut and crackerjack cookies. The orange coconut were a bit like mini muffins. The crackerjack have an interesting texture because there is rice cereal in them. I'm planning on using them during our prayer at Rustle. I think the scripture we are looking at is from Acts 2 and part of it talks about how the early Church broke bread together. And at Rustle we are having a lunch meal after each service, to break bread together and foster community. But for prayer we'll break into groups of 2 where the 2 will break a cookie together and then pray for each other. It's an idea from Madison, one of the girls in our Chruch, that the community will be stronger if we really know each other and care about each other. Smart girl.
I have printed out 3 questions to help people learn about the person they will pray. The inspiriation for the questions came from Barbara
1.What is encouraging you in your life right now? Or what are you thankful for?
2.What are you looking forward to?
3. What would you like prayer for?
Hopefully, it all works out :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Calia77 said...

Ooh! I had sinusitis the week before last. Now I've got the sore throat, and my voice is going. It's not much fun :-(

October 22, 2006 at 2:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger rab said...

Watch out for that Vicks. I know a woman who is TOTALLY addicted to it. Uses twice a day or more! Now she's trying to pull her grand-daughter into that hellish hole of VapoRub addiction. (Much to Sarah's dismay.)

Great stuff when you need it, though. Hope you get feeling better. I know all about the nastiness of cold symptoms this year. Six weeks or more of it. I hate it!

October 23, 2006 at 9:52:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home