Friday, December 16, 2005

Snow up to my knees

Yep, we got lots of snow. I saw 5 cars stuck as I ventured in on foot. I saw 1 snow plow and 1 city truck with a snow plow attached. The city of Kingston has 36 snowplows they told us on the news yesterday. 'We like snow' the head of the snow plowing department said on the news. They may like snow, but they are not able to keep up with the storm. There were only 2 streets that were plowed on my way in. One that the truck with the plow attached plowed and the other was tthe causeway and was plowed by the real plow. Unfortunately for me, that plowing plowed everything onto the sidewalk.
I hope things are better for the walk home, but I don't have much hope- it's still snowing hard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

Oh, I miss cursing the snowplows for making my walk to school difficult...

You guys are going to have a white Christmas; that's nice!

December 16, 2005 at 12:41:00 PM EST  
Blogger see-through faith said...

lol @ Marlene

we've learnt just to shovel the snow from our drive into the lane, so the snow plough can take it away. Timing is everything here :)

December 17, 2005 at 9:11:00 AM EST  
Blogger Rachel said...

I spent three hours shovelling yesterday! Hard work, but I try to think of it as a good workout and it sure is beautiful. I'd take this over a dull, grey, snowless winter any day!

Still enjoying reading your updates, Aphra!

Rachel

December 17, 2005 at 12:11:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home