Saturday, December 10, 2005

Snow day

Yesterday we woke up to a thick blanket of snow, and it was still snowing. I slogged my way into RMC. It took about an hour with all the extra resistance while walking. Crossing the Causeway was exhilirating- watching the wind whip the water.I was in for 8am and as I walked in I could see that the parking lot was empty! Well, relatively anyway. I thought- I hope they didn't close it and not tell me- it wasn't THAT much snow! A lot of people weren't in at the department I worked at. Apparently they aren't CANADIANS! So the project I was trying to work on ground to a halt because Dave, Brian and Dwayne all weren't in. Also, the new computer had managed to log itself out of the network and would NOT log in. Still hasn't as far as I know. But I need Dave to help with that too, and as I said- he wasn't in! So, I left the silly computer to it's own devices for the day and worked on something else.

Now for the funny somewhat-humiliating story (seeing as the day was going so well): When I arrived at work my pants were pretty wet. I had a change of clothes, but I wasn't sure what to do with my wet pants. We have some hooks by the main door to the office but they are pretty public and I wasn't sure I wanted to hang my pants for full view. (not that anyone would really care- I've hung my splash pants there) So I decided to put them on a free table near the back of the office. This table is technically my bosses' office but he has a 'real' office down the hall and he just keeps stuff in his office part of my office and so he only rarely goes back there, so I thought it would be safe to leave the pants there. But of course, my boss made it in and DID go to the back area (of all days!) He was gone for a minute or 2 and then he came back and said something about pants and I said 'yes, they were wet' and he was o.k. with that, but I laughed and laughed (after he left!). So there I go embarrasing myself again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do folk lose pay for not showing up at work when it snows. They would here!

December 11, 2005 at 1:29:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home