Sunday, June 23, 2013

ballet shoes

My pick for last night was to iron and I picked the movie "Ballet shoes" to watch. It was based on the book that I read as a kid. I watched the movie about 10 years ago- I didn't remember much from watching it before. But watching it this time, I found it was really rushed. I guess to try to get as much of the book in as possible but it made for a pretty jumpy movie!

In the morning, I walked to Loblaws because Flatjacks were on sale! They are chicken with a covering like chicken nuggets have but they are flat and you can toast them in the toaster.

At Church Sam talked about 2 passages that had some unexpected similarities. Sam started out talking about freedom and how choices have consequences. Then we had the 2 passages- one was Elijah running from Jezebel after killing the prophets of Baal and one was about Jesus and the man Legion from the Gadarenes.
They both were living in worlds with "untruth". Elijah believed that Jezebel would kill him and that he was the only prophet left. In truth God would protect him and there were many other prophets left. After running, God spoke to him and told him to go back where he came from.
The man Legion lived bound with all the demon voices speaking untruth but made a choice to go to Jesus and became free and also had to go back where he came from.
Making a choice for Jesus, you can't generally predict the consequences- it will be a wild ride, but worth it.

After Church, I took a nap so I could be well rested for tomorrow but now I am behind on my plans for cleaning the house.

Big Brother starts on Wednesday- I wonder if the cast will be likeable?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott was asking me if I knew when Big Brother was starting. I said no, but that I thought you would know :)

Marlene

June 24, 2013 at 9:15:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home