Sunday, June 03, 2012

microwave popcorn

When I was at John's the lady behind me was buying a bag of popcorn. (unpopped kernels from bulk section) The (young) cashier seemed surprised to see this. Likely she had only experienced microwave popcorn. She said to the lady who was buying them that she wouldn't know what to do with this. Does she cook them on the stove? The lady indicated that she had a popcorn popper. Enlightening young people one at a time. I remember my mom making them on the stovetop though. Before poppers were invented :)

This morning I rearranged my bedroom. Les' electrician had made a new outlet for me with a 3 prongs so I could move the computer into the corner that I wanted it in. I am quite pleased with the new rearrangement and the computer still works too- bonus.

Sunday June 24 is Al's commissioning or ordination service. The Bishop and Jared will be there. Good times. We'll start that service promptly at 11am! (Marlene, I am looking at you. Jordin, I would be looking at you but I'm hoping you are having a baby right now?)
We're going to start actually starting on time on Father's day to get in the groove before the 24th.
We hope to stay in the groove afterwards.

James had a great time at the soccer tournament (which is why I was able to accomplish so much!). His team played 7 games but were eliminated at the quarter finals. His first regular season game is tomorrow. His ankle seems to be fine now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We might be away that weekend, but if not, I'll come!
Marlene

June 4, 2012 at 1:32:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home