Saturday, February 25, 2012

round 1

I have been busily marking papers!
I have just about wrapped up my round 1 of marking.
The marking is divided in rounds just for my convenience.
The FO that runs the course asked me to get the grades back to the students by Mar 2. This is the deadline for them to be able to drop the course. (ie. if they do poorly!).
But I told the students about this in this way- the due date for the essay was last Friday. I told them there would be no penalty if they handed it in by Monday BUT only the students who handed it in by Friday would be guaranteed to get the results back by mar 2. I'm going to try to get them all done as I don't want them hanging over my head, but at least I don't have so much pressure and hopefully by giving the students some extra time their papers will be better!
About 2/3 handed them in on time and they are pretty much all marked now. Now I am starting on the people who handed them in on Saturday (a week ago). We'll see how it goes! I'm calling the saturday ones round 2! Just for fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home