And then
Work has been so busy that I can't remember much from the work week, just that I was busy!
Yesterday, James had hockey in the morning and I read a bit of Maeve Binchy's "Heart and Soul" that I may have purchased a few years ago but never got around to reading. It was nice to take a break.
I had to do some work yesterday - curriculum for a correspondence course I am involved with and scheduling make up times for orientation day activities.
Around dinner time I packed up the mower and went over to the old house. Did I mention it is on the market? http://www.remax-oa.com/on/kingston-real-estate/458-nelson-st-king_11606561/ or http://www.realtykingston.com/viewlisting.php?id=371622
I had almost finished the front lawn- I wanted to make sure it was mowed down before the sign went up- when a realtor came up for a showing. My real estate agent hadn't told me about. They asked me a few questions but I skedaddled off as soon as the front lawn was done. I didn't quite know what to do as you aren't supposed to be there during a showing but they had already seen me so I thought the damage was already done? I went for a walk and stopped at Sarah and Paul's and saw all the great stuff they have done to their house. Then I wandered back but I could see they were still at the house looking at the exterior so I walked another block and then they were gone. Then I mowed the back lawn and packed some more stuff up and headed off again.
Kim has had some hiccups with her move. They got all their stuff out of their old place by Sept 1 as they needed to but their phone isn't working now (It WAS hooked up ok but maybe a storm took out their phone line or something because it's not working now). Her washer isn't working. Her freezer blew a plug out and then when they moved it from the garage into the house something in it broke and they had to drive their frozen food into Kim's freezer at work. So, moving is hard work. She's pretty stressed. She came to visit her birds today. They were so happy to see her! She spoke at a meeting in a nursing home today. She's a pretty busy lady!
Yesterday, James had hockey in the morning and I read a bit of Maeve Binchy's "Heart and Soul" that I may have purchased a few years ago but never got around to reading. It was nice to take a break.
I had to do some work yesterday - curriculum for a correspondence course I am involved with and scheduling make up times for orientation day activities.
Around dinner time I packed up the mower and went over to the old house. Did I mention it is on the market? http://www.remax-oa.com/on/kingston-real-estate/458-nelson-st-king_11606561/ or http://www.realtykingston.com/viewlisting.php?id=371622
I had almost finished the front lawn- I wanted to make sure it was mowed down before the sign went up- when a realtor came up for a showing. My real estate agent hadn't told me about. They asked me a few questions but I skedaddled off as soon as the front lawn was done. I didn't quite know what to do as you aren't supposed to be there during a showing but they had already seen me so I thought the damage was already done? I went for a walk and stopped at Sarah and Paul's and saw all the great stuff they have done to their house. Then I wandered back but I could see they were still at the house looking at the exterior so I walked another block and then they were gone. Then I mowed the back lawn and packed some more stuff up and headed off again.
Kim has had some hiccups with her move. They got all their stuff out of their old place by Sept 1 as they needed to but their phone isn't working now (It WAS hooked up ok but maybe a storm took out their phone line or something because it's not working now). Her washer isn't working. Her freezer blew a plug out and then when they moved it from the garage into the house something in it broke and they had to drive their frozen food into Kim's freezer at work. So, moving is hard work. She's pretty stressed. She came to visit her birds today. They were so happy to see her! She spoke at a meeting in a nursing home today. She's a pretty busy lady!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home