cruising
So yesterday went like a blur.
I woke up very early but must have drifted off to sleep as I didn't get up until 8:30 when Kim called.
I had got most of the furniture ready the night before so there wasn't much to do except drag a bit of it outside and wait for Kim to show up. There is no more furniture in the Nelson home. But the computer and internet access is here until the 24th. And the phone is here until the 17th.
Our caravan arrived at the house to find a work party. There were guys working on the back deck and gals working on the lawn. A few minutes after we arrived Servicemaster also arrived to collect their equipment that was drying the basement (as I guess we passed the dry test- Karen still has the equipment going in her basement - her flooding was worse than mine though) After servicemaster helped Zully carry the filing cabinet down I told him that he had to let them get their stuff up first before he brought anything more down!
Servicemaster got their stuff and left. We finished unloading and headed back for the second (and last) truckload. I am just working on carloads now as I shuttle between 2 houses.
There were a lot of policemen out yesterday. I don't know if yesterday was a special crackdown day on something.
Yesterday was the first evening I slept at the new house. I don't like driving much after dark so I took my last carload over around 7pm. Then just spent time unpacking until it was time to sleep. A thunderstorm rolled in just as I was heading to bed so I watched it flicker as I tried to get to sleep. I eventually did get to sleep. I was woken by some people on Park st in the wee hours, but it wasn't a party, just load people passing by. The new neighbourhood is more people-dense so I suppose it will be a bit louder. I got up at 6, got ready for the day and headed to the old house around 7. I need to go to Canadian tire around 9 and then to Rustle. Will be at the new house in the afternoon. Not sure about the rest!
I woke up very early but must have drifted off to sleep as I didn't get up until 8:30 when Kim called.
I had got most of the furniture ready the night before so there wasn't much to do except drag a bit of it outside and wait for Kim to show up. There is no more furniture in the Nelson home. But the computer and internet access is here until the 24th. And the phone is here until the 17th.
Our caravan arrived at the house to find a work party. There were guys working on the back deck and gals working on the lawn. A few minutes after we arrived Servicemaster also arrived to collect their equipment that was drying the basement (as I guess we passed the dry test- Karen still has the equipment going in her basement - her flooding was worse than mine though) After servicemaster helped Zully carry the filing cabinet down I told him that he had to let them get their stuff up first before he brought anything more down!
Servicemaster got their stuff and left. We finished unloading and headed back for the second (and last) truckload. I am just working on carloads now as I shuttle between 2 houses.
There were a lot of policemen out yesterday. I don't know if yesterday was a special crackdown day on something.
Yesterday was the first evening I slept at the new house. I don't like driving much after dark so I took my last carload over around 7pm. Then just spent time unpacking until it was time to sleep. A thunderstorm rolled in just as I was heading to bed so I watched it flicker as I tried to get to sleep. I eventually did get to sleep. I was woken by some people on Park st in the wee hours, but it wasn't a party, just load people passing by. The new neighbourhood is more people-dense so I suppose it will be a bit louder. I got up at 6, got ready for the day and headed to the old house around 7. I need to go to Canadian tire around 9 and then to Rustle. Will be at the new house in the afternoon. Not sure about the rest!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home