Letting you know
It is hard to believe it is Thursday.
I am still crazily working on both houses.
The boys returned on Tuesday = more crazy!
This lunchtime I tried to update my address with important people (ie. people who send me bills, the government, etc). Not to say people who read my blog aren't important, but you know what I mean! I hope!
I updated all banking information quickly and easily by calling 1-800 numbers listed on the bills.
Very smooth. Even got my chequing account to send new cheques.
But the govt.
First I tried the govt of Canada website and did a search and all I got to was the Canada Post subscribe site that you pay to have your mail forwarded. This is a great service, but even though you pay money to get your mail to go to a new address, this does not update your income tax address, etc. which is what I wanted. They are all govt of Canada and you are PAYING to let them know your address so you would think this would be good enough for the govt. but no. So I do another search this time being more specific for an address change for CRA. I need to create an account! So I tried but I need to include the value from line 101 of my 2010 Income Tax. Unfortunately this is buried in all the stuff that was moved to go into my filing cabinet. And I can't set up my filing cabinet until I have a basement floor. So I'm just going to try mailing them my new address instead and hope thy take it :)
On to trying to update provincially (drivers license, health card) - in order to update these online, I need to have the document that I used to get my health card. I'm guessing this was my birth certificate but I can't REMEMBER. Also, birth certificate is also not unpacked. Sooo. Will have to try an alternate method for this as well.
Have just a few minutes of lunch left- going to look at Star Wars bedsheets- see if I can find any cool ones for the James room!
I am still crazily working on both houses.
The boys returned on Tuesday = more crazy!
This lunchtime I tried to update my address with important people (ie. people who send me bills, the government, etc). Not to say people who read my blog aren't important, but you know what I mean! I hope!
I updated all banking information quickly and easily by calling 1-800 numbers listed on the bills.
Very smooth. Even got my chequing account to send new cheques.
But the govt.
First I tried the govt of Canada website and did a search and all I got to was the Canada Post subscribe site that you pay to have your mail forwarded. This is a great service, but even though you pay money to get your mail to go to a new address, this does not update your income tax address, etc. which is what I wanted. They are all govt of Canada and you are PAYING to let them know your address so you would think this would be good enough for the govt. but no. So I do another search this time being more specific for an address change for CRA. I need to create an account! So I tried but I need to include the value from line 101 of my 2010 Income Tax. Unfortunately this is buried in all the stuff that was moved to go into my filing cabinet. And I can't set up my filing cabinet until I have a basement floor. So I'm just going to try mailing them my new address instead and hope thy take it :)
On to trying to update provincially (drivers license, health card) - in order to update these online, I need to have the document that I used to get my health card. I'm guessing this was my birth certificate but I can't REMEMBER. Also, birth certificate is also not unpacked. Sooo. Will have to try an alternate method for this as well.
Have just a few minutes of lunch left- going to look at Star Wars bedsheets- see if I can find any cool ones for the James room!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home