Sunday, July 10, 2011

head inside an oven


After cleaning the new fridge yesterday and realizing that my fridge is pretty clean in comparison, I tackled the stove today landing with the same thought.
Yesterday, Kim and Bobbi looked at the stove. Then they looked at each other. They thought it was bad. We got oven cleaner. They gave me instructions. They looked scared.

I didn't look at the stove yesterday until the end of the day when I was about to spray it with the oven cleaner. It was bad. I didn't have a lot of hope for the oven cleaner. I don't have a lot of familiarity with oven cleaners. I don't use my oven that much as I cook a lot in the slow cooker. I just make cookies, muffins and pizza in the oven. And so though I got my oven in 2002, I've never had to use oven cleaner and it looks a LOT better than the oven in the new house even after I was done the oven cleaner today. Today I saw what miracle stuff oven cleaner is as I effortlessly wiped up the cleaner foam that I had sprayed the day before. But I didn't get all of it- the black stuff on the bottom was pretty thick. So today before I left I sprayed again in hopes that I will be able to finish it tomorrow.

The cleanliness of the house is coming along. The front room, dining room and upstairs bedrooms are all cleaned and ready for stuff to move in. The kitchen and bathrooms just need their floors cleaned. Getting the basement ready to paint is taking some time. I think I need another evening of cleaning first.

Kim came over and we hauled another load. Stuff for the garage + some stuff from James' room. We got his dresser moved and all his stuffed animals. He needs one of those stuffed animal hammocks that hang from the ceiling in order to contain all the stuffed goodness :) Right now they are all in his new closet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I also think oven cleaner is a miracle. I use it to clean the drip trays on my stove.

July 11, 2011 at 9:59:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home