Saturday, June 25, 2011

rescue

I was washing the kitchen floor and James and his little sidekick AJ were playing Wii in the front room when James came into the kitchen with some urgency and told me I had to go outside because someone was stuck. Is it AJ? I asked as I am used to the things they get up to. No, he insisted that I go outside that the person was stuck across the street.
So I walked out and he was correct- it was a girl maybe a few years older than James who had been out rollerblading for the first time and had fallen down and hurt herself.
I tried to offer her assistance. I first asked her if she wanted me to call her parents or if she wanted me to help her up. She chose getting helped up. Once she was up it was rather obvious that she was not going to be able to go anywhere. I asked if she wanted me to help her home. No, she thought she would be fine (she wasn't). I asked if she wanted me to call her parents. No, she would be fine. Finally, we decided that I would get my cell phone and SHE would call her parents. Which worked out just dandy as she only lived a block away and her mom arrived with a van to cart her away in 0.2 seconds or so.
I told James he did a good job alerting me to the problem.

James played his first game on the ball hockey 'tournament' (there are only 4 teams, so only 4 games total and James only plays 2) His team won the game this morning so they go to the finals at 10:30am tomorrow.

Tomorrow also happens to be Kim's birthday so I am taking her (and Zully and her mom) out to lunch at the 'Mango'- Kim loves mangos! It is a Thai restaurant evidently on Princess St. I've never seen it before but I looked it up online, so it must exist! I also got Kim 'Mango gummy bears' from Loblaws. She's having a Mango birthday!

Today I also took James to get his soccer photos taken. The packages were a lot more expensive than the last time he played (I think 2 years ago). For example, last time getting a package of 'soccer cards' made for him was 10 or 12 dollars, now it was 25! So I did not partake in any of the picture packages.
I have his spring school photos back but as the postal strike is on, I have not been able to send any out.
Hope you are doing ok Marlene and Scott!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be able to send them out this week, Aphra!
Marlene

June 26, 2011 at 6:26:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home