mistaken mailbox
A couple of months ago my neighbour told me that her cousin Jason was moving in (she has a 2 bedroom house and quite often rents out one of the bedrooms). I can't remember if it was the beginning of May or the beginning of June, but it was recently. Jason hasn't spoken directly to me but I have seen him about. He looks about 30ish. His eyes are cloudy and I have heard him talking on the phone with his friends(?). He talks loudly and with the window open so I didn't mean to hear, but I did and he is apparently trying to get clean of drugs. I wish him all the best on this and think it is great that he is trying!
Anyway, this is just the background (most of it irrelevant)for the story that I wanted to tell. On Friday, I found an envelope in my mailbox addressed to "Jason". I went next door and rang the doorbell but noone seemed to be home, so I left the envelope in my mailbox because I thought I would see my neighbour later that evening but I did not.
But today I did see her and I asked her if she thought it was for her cousin Jason. She seemed to know what it was - "Oh yes," she said "That is probably his pay." Right, you would think if you are going to leave someone their pay you would make sure you know WHERE to leave it. At least they got close!
Anyway, this is just the background (most of it irrelevant)for the story that I wanted to tell. On Friday, I found an envelope in my mailbox addressed to "Jason". I went next door and rang the doorbell but noone seemed to be home, so I left the envelope in my mailbox because I thought I would see my neighbour later that evening but I did not.
But today I did see her and I asked her if she thought it was for her cousin Jason. She seemed to know what it was - "Oh yes," she said "That is probably his pay." Right, you would think if you are going to leave someone their pay you would make sure you know WHERE to leave it. At least they got close!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home