Grey
There's been a lot of rain the past few days. It's still grey, though may not actually be raining so I am not motivated to leave the office for my lunchtime. My plan for the summer is to try to get down to the water for lunchtime more frequently. I love it there.
On the weekend I reorganized my cubboard and put the winter sweaters away. And wouldn't you know it- today's high was 8 degrees. I wore 2 raincoats and rainpants as well as a scarf, hat and mitts on the way in! I wanted to be warm. The office is pretty cold today but my new desk is warmer than my old desk so I am happy about that!
I am listening to Matt Maher on my lunchbreak as well, so chilling while I write this.
I meant to bring my camera so I could take pictures of the detour signs that everyone ignores so that Jordin can see them. Maybe tomorrow I will remember and take pictures if it's not raining too hard!
My tulips have all been blown horizontal by the wind. As I went in to work today I saw a number of tree branches had been felled by the wind as well. Wind and rain- great combination! At least the grass is growing well.
James slept an awful lot on Saturday night and his tummy was a bit upset in the morning so I'm not sure if he was sick or if he was growing. He seemed taller somehow.
I tried to get James to do as much of his homework for the week yesterday afternoon as he has a pretty heavy schedule of sports in the evenings this week. He was not terribly impressed by the plan. I am someone who likes to get tasks over with as soon as possible. I like completing things. I don't know why he likes to put off doing things. It's not like he's not going to have to do it if he puts it off! Anyway, I made as much headway as I could with him and we got a number of pages under the belt. Another thing is that when we work on it he likes to goof around so much that homework takes a lot longer than it would have if he had just focused and then he complains that it takes too long! But as least he has a good time while he is doing it. I somehow thought that a child of mine would be a bit more studious.
We had pasta for dinner. A few weeks ago you would find that James would ONLY eat spaghetti shaped pasta. However, we ran out and I insisted that he try a new shape. He was opposed to the idea at first but did come around and pick a shape, which he ended up liking. AND he started eating pasta sauce (as a dipping sauce for the rigatoni's that he chose). So win win, progress!
In the evening, we made polymers with PVA, Borax and glue. Was a lot of fun and not too bad to clean up. James watched the hockey game BUT I hadn't clued it that last night was the finale of Survivor, so I missed it. No quirky comments from me on this one!
In the evening
On the weekend I reorganized my cubboard and put the winter sweaters away. And wouldn't you know it- today's high was 8 degrees. I wore 2 raincoats and rainpants as well as a scarf, hat and mitts on the way in! I wanted to be warm. The office is pretty cold today but my new desk is warmer than my old desk so I am happy about that!
I am listening to Matt Maher on my lunchbreak as well, so chilling while I write this.
I meant to bring my camera so I could take pictures of the detour signs that everyone ignores so that Jordin can see them. Maybe tomorrow I will remember and take pictures if it's not raining too hard!
My tulips have all been blown horizontal by the wind. As I went in to work today I saw a number of tree branches had been felled by the wind as well. Wind and rain- great combination! At least the grass is growing well.
James slept an awful lot on Saturday night and his tummy was a bit upset in the morning so I'm not sure if he was sick or if he was growing. He seemed taller somehow.
I tried to get James to do as much of his homework for the week yesterday afternoon as he has a pretty heavy schedule of sports in the evenings this week. He was not terribly impressed by the plan. I am someone who likes to get tasks over with as soon as possible. I like completing things. I don't know why he likes to put off doing things. It's not like he's not going to have to do it if he puts it off! Anyway, I made as much headway as I could with him and we got a number of pages under the belt. Another thing is that when we work on it he likes to goof around so much that homework takes a lot longer than it would have if he had just focused and then he complains that it takes too long! But as least he has a good time while he is doing it. I somehow thought that a child of mine would be a bit more studious.
We had pasta for dinner. A few weeks ago you would find that James would ONLY eat spaghetti shaped pasta. However, we ran out and I insisted that he try a new shape. He was opposed to the idea at first but did come around and pick a shape, which he ended up liking. AND he started eating pasta sauce (as a dipping sauce for the rigatoni's that he chose). So win win, progress!
In the evening, we made polymers with PVA, Borax and glue. Was a lot of fun and not too bad to clean up. James watched the hockey game BUT I hadn't clued it that last night was the finale of Survivor, so I missed it. No quirky comments from me on this one!
In the evening

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home