Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Storm watch

Well, all the buzz here is about the big storm bearing down on us.
We had a bit of a flurry this morning but it didn't seem to accumulate much. I think our big dump is scheduled for this evening.

I've been fighting a cold . On Thursday I had a sore throat. The last few days it is more in my chest, so I have been using Vicks on my chest and necks as well as on my FEET. Apparently using it on your feet is supposed to increase your overall blood flow. I figure it can't hurt! (well, it burns a bit, but that's ok :)

On Sunday, I made a big pot of chickpea stew. (Stew with beef, chickpeas and carrots) James loved it. (well, apart from the chickpea bit) He ate 3 servings of the beef and carrots.
I forgot when I made it that I also had leftover chicken that needed to be eaten. So we had leftover chicken yesterday and we'll have leftover stew tonight.
I also have a bunch of boiled eggs as Myron left the eggs out by the slowcooker when the stew was cooking and I didn't want to put them back in the fridge, so I boiled them! Nice to have a few days where I don't need to think about cooking anyway!

James has been saying some funny one-liners that I really should write down as they crack me up. He likes to dance and has taken inspiration from "Live to Dance" to expand his repetoire.

Tonight he has both swimming and hockey scheduled at the same time, but the plan is he will attend hockey as his team needs him. However, he was in tears about this as he wanted to go to swimming. Funny, as a couple of weeks ago (before he started swimming) he was in tears because he didn't want to go to swimming. But he really loves it now!

1 Comments:

Blogger rab said...

Any meal with chickpea in its name can't be good. If you want to improve the odds of it being appreciated, call it Big Beef Stew or Real Meat Eater Stew or Big Strong Hockey Player Stew. Then you should be able to convince James that it is good. And get rid of the chickpeas. Who wants to fight through a bunch of mealy old chickpeas to get to the real meal deal!

February 2, 2011 at 9:54:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home